Re: Ebay Story (Long)

To: "John Caffrey" <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Subject: Re: Ebay Story (Long)
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 08:36:56 -0800
I agree that shipping from the UK is exhorbitant and slow, but sometimes
things pop up on e-bay UK that just don't show up here.  I just bought an
original Austin A35 radiator on e-bay UK for about 38GBP, shipping was about
60GBP using "Parcel Force".

Sounds bad, but wouldn't you pay $200 for a correct radiator for your
collector car?  Shipping took about 1 month.  I was juut lucky to find a
seller that was willing to go to the trouble of packing it up and sending
it.
I check E-bay UK just about every day.

When I get the radiator installed in place of the Datsun radiator, I'll be
able to use the hand crank to start the motor.  Back to the future!

Regards,
Glen Byrns