Re: Dead Throw-out Bearing

To: "David Ambrose" <stargazer1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Dead Throw-out Bearing
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 23:37:29 -0600
Both at once!!   I just got done pulling only the engine for a clutch
problem. Afterward, I realized what a cast iron B&*tch it was going
to be to get the tranny pilot shaft lined up when reinstalling the engine
so I pulled the tranny out too. Shoulda done both in the first place!!

Take a close look at the pilot shaft bushing when you get things apart.
Also make sure you have the correct back plate for the engine. (Don't
ask!!!). I'd replace the pilot bushing in any case.

Also, take the time to remove the pan and torque everything up in
the bottom end while you've got the engine out.

Cheers!!
Jim - disemboweled Midget in Dodge City