RE: Putting a 1275 in my 65 Midget

To: "K. Valentine" <kevin@valentinephoto.net>,
Subject: RE: Putting a 1275 in my 65 Midget
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:38:19 -0600
 Hi Rick, Kevin, and all, Just my $0.02 worth here...but there is
another carb alternative to think about besides a Weber.  I installed a
Howley inlet manifold that mounts a single SU HIF6 carb.  I think there
are other single inlets available besides the Howley if you dig out the
information.  It is a very simple and uncluttered installation and it's
very accessible for tuning and adjusting.  It fits great with a LCB
header which you'll probably be using.  Do the math here and you'll see
that the single HIF6 and the two HS2 carbs have almost exactly the same
venturi area.  Anyway, I did this in 1994 and it has been flawless.  Oh
yes, the performance is every bit as good (if not a little better) with
the single big carb as with  the twin smaller carbs...at least on my
Sprite Mk2.  Just FYI...
Jack