Re: Kent 276 vs SW5 Cam Comparison

To: Miniac7@aol.com
Subject: Re: Kent 276 vs SW5 Cam Comparison
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:47:38 -0600
I run the Kent 276 in my race Midget.  I originally built it as a
Spec-Sprite and that is the spec cam.  It has worked very well in that
car.  The power curve I think is well suited to a fast road cam.  It has
pretty good pulling power without having to rev the engine beyond 6500.
It seems to come into its own at about 4800.

The idle is a hair rough, as you would expect.  I don't think it would be
unpleasant to drive around town, though.  Don't dick with the cam timing
that the factory gives you.  I know folks that have and they don't run
near as well as my car.

I don't know anything about the SW5 cam.  Who makes it?

--David Littlefield