RE: Tire availability?

To: "'Robert E. Shlafer'" <pilotrob@webtv.net>, <JMFarley50@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Tire availability?
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:46:42 -0500
Yeah, Kuhmo offers one of the only 165 x 15 radials available, in the
US, at a very reasonable price.  And, you can be sure that the cheapest
part of any Porsche is the owner......
Verdstein is the only other tire maker offering a reasonably priced
tire, in that size.  I need to replace the Michelin XZXs on my 356, this
year, and I'm giving very serious thought to Kuhmos (I guess I'm the
cheapest part on my Porsche :)  I've heard nothing but good about them,
and they're available through NTB, which means I can get good service on
them.
Now, I did buy four new 155x13 Kuhmos for my '72 Midget, last summer.
However, I got the cheaper of the two models offered, and found that I
had some serious "tread squirm" issues with them.  I'll probably
exchange them for the other, slightly higher priced Kuhmos, as I put
very few miles on them.
Bud Osbourne