RE: FAA--Hey Capn' Bob!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: FAA--Hey Capn' Bob!!
From: "brian S" <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:04:03 -0500
Geoff,

There are quite a few good Intersections and Navigational Aid names out
there. here around New York, There is Pazta and Fazul for our Italian
friends. There is Crazy Woman VOR out west.
There were a set of departure fixes out of the NY metro area. They were
Gayel, Hoist, Pette and Coate. Someone got offended and Hoist and Pette were
renamed. The final approach fix for Runway 22 at LaGuardia has been renamed
HOBOB. Try saying THAT to 40+ airplanes a hour!! HEHE
I'm working on a new Airway here around New York and I'm trying to get them
to name the Intersection, Bugii (thanks to Larry Miller for the inspiration)
or Sprite. Been waiting 2 years for Washington to approve and Flight Check
it. I'll let you guys know if it goes through.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer under resto
Air Traffic controller, N90

Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:22:28 -0500

Just saw the article in the WSJ abou the approach fixes names the FAA
assigns
to "locations in the sky".  They are always five letter identifiers.

The approach into Portsmouth, NH goes through:

ITAWT
ITAWA
PUDEY
TTATT

And if you miss the approach you are instructed to hold at:

IDEED

At least some of 'em in the ferral government have a sense of humor.

GJB