Re: Interesting quote

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting quote
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:02:46 -0400
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 06:22:06 -0500

From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>

...If they would optimize for peak torque at the rpm that the engine
would be at in high gear at 50mph, they would wind up with cars that
were more fun to drive, got better gas mileage, but were harder to sell.
Oh well David Lieb

You've covered the reasons I bought a Jetta TDI turbo diesel.  Peak
torque at 1800 RPM, nice turbo whistle on acceleration, loafing at 80
MPH, and 46 mpg all day long.

And burning Michigan soy biodiesel, I can stick it to the Ay-rabs too.

JohnD

Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff.
<http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/1104.html>

--Frank Zappa <http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Frank_Zappa/>  (1940
- 1993)