Re: Okay, Next Question.....

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Okay, Next Question.....
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 09:36:13 -0500
> I fill mine through the shifter hole. Makes it easy, and yes hypoid will
> damage the box. Use a good 20-50 like the manual suggests.

To elaborate a little more, I also fill ribcase trannies through the shifter
hole, but I pull the "normal" fill plug as well. It is easily accessible
through the removable rubber bung on the side of the trans tunnel and this
allows the oil to flow into the trans more easily (kills the air lock) AND
it lets you monitor the level and stop pouring whe it is full.
I will also echo the NO HYPOID. You won't believe how badly it will shift.
David Lieb