Safe jacking points - rear springs -update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Safe jacking points - rear springs -update
From: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:29:26 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
First off - thanks for all your advice and suggestions.
As a trial run, I jacked up the car using the floor jack under the pumpkin.
Then I slid a 2X4 under the car just forward of the front (rear spring) bracket.
I had to undo the exhaust hanger by the front bracket so I could slide the 2X4
between the body and the exhaust pipe.
Also, made sure (as advised) not to position the 2X4 so any brake lines would
get squashed.
Put jacks under the 2x4 and let down the floor jack.
Surprisingly, the car did not crumple in two but in fact is quite solidly
supported.
As advised, I may jack up the front of the car in similar fashion, to increase
the stability.
Anyways, I'm quite chuffed with the progress so far.
More later.
Thanks again guys,  Adrian