Re: [midgetsprite] It Feels So VERY Good!!!!

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] It Feels So VERY Good!!!!
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:20:27 -0500
In my zeal last night I forgot something very important - well, two
things actually...

1) A huge thank you to everyone on these lists who provided invaluable
advise and information. I would have made horrible mistakes without
your input so, a BIG - THANK YOU!    Especially to Peter C.,  Ed K.,
Paul A., Frank C., Brad F., Buster E. and any others I might have
overlooked...

2) One more question on the car...   I bought a new speedo cable for
the car last year and finally got to putting it in during the
overhaul.  Ran into a conundrum.  First I screwed it onto the back of
the speedo (not easy with my ham fists) and then went to fit it to the
speedo drive unit on the end of the tranny. No luck! The threaded
collar on the end of the cable is far too small for the threads on the
end of the plastic drive unit!  I'm pretty sure when I ordered it that
I got the right year and engine. Were there more than one kind of
drive unit in 1968 for a 1275 w/ ribcase.  Any advice gratefully
received....

Thanks again to everyone!

Cheers!!
Jim - No speedo Midget in Dodge City