Re: Just Curious

To: mark@nashvilletn.org, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Just Curious
From: KrkLH@cs.com
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:42:51 EDT
It might be cool to hear of a few lister's first LBC experiences and how that
effected their interest and love of LBC cars.

When I was about 9 or 10 years old my babysitters boyfriend had a brand new
Bugeye which his father had just bought for him.  He was a bit of a wild
teenager in the 12th grade.  The car was white with a red interior.  Once in a
while
"Joe" would take me for thrill rides which scared the *&ell out of me.  We
would head out to some old country rodes where Joe would throw it into the
corners and brake at the last minute, etc etc.  I could barely see over the
dash.
Joe it seemed, always liked to drive over and beyond his abilities.

The look, the sound, the smell of that car stayed with me all through these
years.  (I will be turning 55 this June).

My first Brit car was a very nice driver 1960 MGA - but I always wanted to
eventually get my own Bugeye.  I came close to buying an iris blue Bugeye in
1970 but my need for freeway transportation and overall reliability won out and
instead I bought a brand new "Datsun" truck for 1995 dollars.

Now that I have a Bugeye the magic is still there everytime I walk out into
the garage and see it sitting there.  There is a certain something about these
cars, a sort of mojo if you will, that seems to have gotten hold of us who are
on this list.

Ok, sorry for waxing nostalgic today - but Mark's email, although not
directly related to my story - sort of set me off!

Kirk
59 1275