Re: 3.7 Gears

To: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>,
Subject: Re: 3.7 Gears
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:38:16 -0700
Hi Larry,

Well, on the 4.22 for the Morris or the Spridget, clearly there are
differences.  There are 2 types for the Morris, an early and later one.  The
later is the same as the Spridget.  There are different pinion bearings
between the 2, but again the later ones are the same.

There may be differences like these on the Metropolitan, also.  The later
Morris 4.22 and the Spridget 4.22 and 3.9 share parts as the same. I.E.:
Bearings and housings.

I don't have any of the RB car books, so can't compare the housings and
bearings.  I suspect at this time they had standardized on the housing and
bearings between all 3 Spridget difs.  4.22, 3.9, and 3.7.

So likely your friend has an odd housing similar to the early Morris 4.22.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse too much!

All of the dif. carrier housings bolt up the same to the axle housings.

Paul A