Re: BIG "oops!"; mismatched frickin fenders! (also wipers)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BIG "oops!"; mismatched frickin fenders! (also wipers)
From: "Dan Gillitzer" <dang@ticon.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:25:54 -0500
OK, just got back from a whirlwind tour of Wisconsin. Flounder offered up the
use of a correct fender, I need to replace it though, but has cut some me some
slack on the time to replace it. Nice guy, neat farm, thanks Flounder!
Will eventually be needing a left fender with the higher position turn signal
to get to him.
Fenders in the body shop, man this stuff is expensive to fix, just a few dents
and respray and costing as much as the rechrome of the bumpers and guards! BIG
mistake on my part not catching that, live and learn I guess. Well, I still
have a chance of getting it done by June anyways, fender should be ready next
week and still lots of work to do.
I posted the question again on the wipers, I know it wasn't that long ago I
posted a similar question. What I am really after, is does anyone KNOW what
insert can be modified to work on the originals? I would think if someone
stumbled on an insert that works that they'd record it somehow to make it
easier next time. I can find out myself, looking for a shortcut.
Dan