Re: 18 MPG???? Update 1..

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: 18 MPG???? Update 1..
From: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:28:26 -0500
ok,

so I checked all the plugs.  Yup, all sooty black.  I took of the
"marble filter"  (that is all that the wire mesh will stop from what
I can see) and started with the basics:  off comes the float bowl
top.. I did the factory test, 7/16 rod across the inverted top and a
lot of adjusting needs to be done on both front and rear.  Next,
there is a big aluminum washer at the base of the jet thing..  to
help out it's cast carb base- aluminum washer-all of the jet movement
stuff.  Is this washer supposed to be tight?  It ain't on these
carbs..  anyone care to tell me the other things that I should check?

Thanks,

Lester

.. BTW how much oil is supposed to be in the top?  I keep putting oil
in there and it keep disappearing..