Saturn daily driver help question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Saturn daily driver help question
From: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 00:26:42 -0400
My one owner 1994 Saturn SW2 160K miles on body 70K miles on replace engine
& trans temp and level light is flashing. It started the other day when my
water pump blew. My mechanic just replaced the water pump because it was
leaking and note I had the radiator replaced along with the thermostat over
3K miles ago but the lights are still flashing. I went on
http://www.2carpros.com and a technician said "the light flashes for two
reasons. First is the coolant level is low or the level switch is bad.
Second is a disparity in the readings between the coolant temperature sensor
and the transmission temperature sensor. Most times tho the light stays on
steady when this happens.  Try jumpering the terminals in the connector and
seeing if the light goes out. If it does the switch is either bad or is
gunked up. You can try removing the coolant tank and cleaning it thoroughly.
Sometimes that is all it takes to free up that float switch."

Well my mechanic replaced the temp switch which is located on the engine and
reset the computer but the light is flashing again. Both the mechanic & I
took the coolant tank out and there doesn't appear to be a "float switch"
attached and I don't see one in it. Could it be hidden? Well I figure you
guys are so smart about Spridigets you may have an idea I haven't tried yet.
I'm going to go to the Saturn dealer tomorrow morning and see if the parts
department can tell me if there is a float switch in the tank and weather I
should replace the tank. All else fails I shuffle the car to the dealers for
the big bucks.

Linda
62 Sprite somewhere in California for coast to coast trip home