Recommendations on impact wrenches (no LBC)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Recommendations on impact wrenches (no LBC)
From: "Tannen, Skip" <tannen@babson.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:28:17 -0400
Folks,

After twenty-some odd years of working on motorcycles and LBC's with
hand tools I finally decided to treat myself and spring for an air
compressor - now I need to get the air tools!  The first purchase will
most likely be an impact wrench so I thought I would look for
recommendations from people that have been using them.  I'm trying to
decide between a 3/8" drive and a 1/2" drive and I'm trying to figure
out what specs would make sense for the home mechanic (torque range,
blows per minute, ?).  And I only want to buy one - I don't want some
cheap crap that I'll have to replace in a couple of years - I'm thinking
of either Chicago Pneumatic or Ingersoll-Rand.  My compressor is rated
at 6.4 SCFM @90 PSI.

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Skip Tannen
'65 Austin Healey Sprite