Bugeye Steering Column

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeye Steering Column
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:38:30 -0500
On my Bugeye with a 1275 if found the steering column just touches the left
motor mount.  It is rubbing the paint off but there is no serious wear.  As
I recall the later Spridgets had a much smaller diameter steering shaft.  It
looks like I should grind out the mount just a little for clearance.  Are
replacement motor mounts made a little bigger than original or are 1275
mounts different?

Also the left rack boot is obviously full of something, I assume oil, but I
haven't taken it apart yet.  I will order new boots but is there a seal that
I can get to without removing the rack?

Mark
Nashville