Re: Midget E brake links needed

To: SDOliner@aol.com
Subject: Re: Midget E brake links needed
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:34:34 -0400
SDOliner@aol.com wrote:

> Will beg, borrow, trade, steel or buy for a set.
> No reasonable offer will be refused.

I had to bum up a set just last year.
But you can make new, or add to the existing rods easy enough.
3/16" steel rod from any hardware store.
Hammer down the ends, drill a 1/4" hole in it and you just made a new
rod. Works great for bonnet prop rods too.
Or pick up a 12/24 union nut, cut the rod, thread each end, install the
union nut. This will give you about a 1/2" extra.
1/4 spring cars used a 1/4" rod. That I have, no later rods cause I used
them for the later brake setups on my Bugeyes.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ