Re: Sorry for bombing the list: wipers yet again

To: Dan Gillitzer <dang@ticon.net>
Subject: Re: Sorry for bombing the list: wipers yet again
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 22:11:16 -0400
Dan Gillitzer wrote:

> OK, on my wipers, I did manage to get the new insert into an old Rainbow
> blade, happy enough with the looks and should function fine. Should.
> Works worth a crap. Big streaks and areas you can see isn't touching the
> glass.

The spring tabs are shot.
The old Rainbows looked great, nobody ever said the "worked" great ;)
I have managed to re-tweak that spring tab. I wish I could give
particulars but it was one of those "I want these on my Bugeye and I'm
gonna make em work" deals.
I think I just bent the tabs a bit til they had enough spring presure to
wipe water off the windshield. It's been years now and they are still on
the Sprite and I'll see how they work this year on my trip out to
Carlisle, PA cause it rains EVERY year in Carlisle PennsylRAINia ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ