The coolest thing I DIDN'T see today

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: The coolest thing I DIDN'T see today
From: "Peter Shull" <pdx.pete@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:57:40 -0700
Went to the Portland LBC swap meet early today and had a grand time browsing
and hanging out with Paul A and crew. Thinking it would be a cool thing to
do, I stopped by the local Starbucks on the way and bought a big Box O'
Coffee. I dunno how this translates into ounces, but the box holds about $12
worth of coffee and comes with a container of half and half, packets of
sugar, stir sticks, and largish Stack O' Cups.

Unfortunately, the half and half container had difficulties relating to
leakage. Half and half (along with other dairy products) contains casein.
Casein can be used in the manufacture of adhesives. Apparently, casein-based
adhesives can very effectively glue together the cardboard boxes that are
stacked in the back of an enclosed UHaul trailer such as the one Paul A
rented for the day.

Although my intentions were good, I think I might have some amends to make.

On the other hand, I was able to trade a cup of coffee (with half and half)
for a pair of EN 17 Sprite axles. Really ... that's all George wanted for
them.

And I did end up with an unused BE wiring harness, via Paul A, for $100.

I'd write more, but I think I should check in with Paul and see if he is
stuck to anything.