Another bummer, LBC content, no guns or cats.

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another bummer, LBC content, no guns or cats.
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 19:32:55 -0700
FROG AYE continues to give me grief!
Right in the middle of what is great Spridget weather, the heater valve
conspired with the evil spirits to drain the majority of the coolantout of
the poor little beastie.  I was watching the temp guage and it read just
fine (190 give or take a few degrees) when FROG AYE begain to loose power
and make a rather strange sound like lots of pressure escaping in bursts.
Since the temp sensor is in the radiator, there was no indication of
overheating.  I haven't run a compression test yet but it seems to me that I
must have blown the head gasket.  Well, I was looking for an excuse to drain
the radiator and put in that cooler thermostat.  However, I'm wondering if I
should just put in a blanking sleeve instead.  Any reccommendations?
Warm-up time is not an isssue here.  If I do use a blanking sleeve do I
block off the little bypass hose thingies?  Why does a blanking sleeve cost
about 3 times what a thermostat does?  Is it 'cuz it's more reliable?

Hal