Re: A Certain unfortunate irony

To: b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: A Certain unfortunate irony
From: Jim Rogers <jarplanner@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 10:45:18 -0700
Each trip over to Ireland always starts the same - with the guys at the
car rental yards watching us get into the car. First - will I (the
driver) open the righthand driver's door  or the passengers?; second -
will I stall the leaving the yard (hey, shifting with your wrong hand is
not easy!) and lastly - which lane (left or right) will I turn onto  on
the street?. American tourists are a constant source of amusement to the
Irish (and I am certain the English as well).

Beginning Irish drivers have a large sign with the letter L  - Learner.
I've always thought they should provide signs with a big T for Tourist.
Give the other drivers as much warning as possible!

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA