Re: no LBC, shipping a car to UK

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Mike Rambour" <mikey@b2systems.com>
Subject: Re: no LBC, shipping a car to UK
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 20:45:53 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Rambour" <mikey@b2systems.com>

   I need some suggestions for shipping a car to the UK from S.
Calif.  the car will not have any suspension or wheels but I willing
to weld  or bolt on some casters, its a small Coupe.  I can't seem to
get any decent responses from the shippers, I have called.

  I am willing to get the body to the L.A. area with my trailer, I
initially thought the non-rolling status of the body would be a
problem but I can't get anyone to reply.  I am just trying shippers
from the phone book, who has done this ? and who did you use ?

   Mike

============================

Mike, I presently have a vehicle in transit from New Zealand.  The shipper
is Wallenius Wilhelmsen www.2wglobal.com .  This is the first car I have had
shipped overseas and it isn't here yet so, I can't personally vouch for
them, but the seller (over 80 cars to the U.S.) uses them exclusively.  I
also talked with another guy who has had over 200 cars shipped to the U.S.
and he also uses them so....

Larry Daniels

79 MGB LE
72 Midget -- Willy & David's "Team SU" BABE Rally car
60 Bugeye
67 Austin A60 Pickup -- presently swimming from New Zealand to the U.S.

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."