Re: Fuel Line

To: Mark <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Subject: Re: Fuel Line
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:32:10 -0400
I bought a bulk roll of steel line at the parts store and flared my own
fittings onto it so I could duplicate the original as close as possible.
They store racks only go up to 60 inch, ask for a roll. We have an
independent parts store where I get mine. I did both the brake and fuel
lines this way. The rolls come in all diameters for use as brake or fuel
lines. I have both the double flare and the ISO bubble flare tools. The
bubble flare works on the brake lines. You can rent (buy and return)
them from Autozone or Pepboys.

I'd have to check the manual, but I believe copper lines are illegal for
Pennsylvania safety inspection, due to them being soft and easier to
damage under the car.

By the way, I was in Nashville and got to stop in and see Mark's car
first hand. It's a real nice car and should be a ball to drive and show.
( Mark, were you ever a fireman at some point? you seem to have a thing
for red cars.)

Dave