front susp. lowering

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: front susp. lowering
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 11:01:44 -0700
I'm lowering the Austin 1.5" front and back.  I got the kit with spacer blocks
and longer U bolts to do the back, and have a question about the front.
Has anyone dropped their front springs more than the 0.5" that the common kit
provides?  I got 1/2" just switching from the longer A35 springs to a pair of
bugeye springs, but I'd like to space the spring pan down an additional 1 inch
with  spacers.  Is there any reason that 1" or 1.5" spacers under the spring
pan would cause a problem?

(Yes, I'll recheck alignment after lowering.)
Thanks,
Glen