Stumper of a miss

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stumper of a miss
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 20:32:08 -0400
My Sprite, 1275, Weber DCOE, electronic ignition.
#1 spark plug is firering but it is not doing anything at an idle.
Car runs fine above 3000 rpms.
Compression, 125.
I changed dizzy caps, rotors, and then dizzys. No change.
I cleaned out the carb (on the bench twice) no change.
If it was the carb, #1 & #2 would be acting up. It's just number 1
and I did replace the plug twice. Plug is firering but it still misses
at an idle.
Remove plug wire on #1 and there is no change.
Compression seems a bit low but 125 will run fine.
I am thinking blown head gasket but not between cyls.
There is no vacuum leak.

Anybody care to take a guess?
BTW the Mini still cooks, we are searching for a different block as
there is nothing wrong and nothing right with this engine.
Nobody has a clue, lots of suggestions but short of replacing the block,
I am stumped with that problem too.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ