Re: Today's date

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Today's date
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 12:10:40 -0500
> Much ado is being made of the six-six-six in today's date, but has it
> crossed anybody's mind that it's really an Irish demon we're talking
> about, if there's any truth to it?
> The date is, after all: O'Six-O'Six-O'Six!  ;)
> ( 06-06-06 )

I don't get any of this nonsense. The number that they are fearing is 666,
NOT 06/06/06. Not even in any of Excel's date formats does today's date show
up as 666. And even if it did, we are on a completely different calendar
than was in use at the time the number was proclaimed, so today wouldn't
even BE 06/06/06 in their reckoning. Some people just like to fear gematria.