Re: What's the difference? SAR

To: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: What's the difference? SAR
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 14:52:13 -0400
<spridgets@autox.team.net>
> Date: 6/8/2006 2:01:59 PM
> Subject: Re: What's the difference? SAR
>
> So some of the Bugeyes were titled as a 1962? Did your 62 state 62 on the
> title or was it a leftover 61?
> Thanks for the info,
> lin

linda,
my '59 is titled as a 1961 wich it is not a 61.  it was quite commonly done
back in that period of time to give the car (on the title) the year it was
sold.   mine was raced from '59 to '61 before (believed to have been raced
by a dealer) it was sold for the first time and registered.  then raced
from '61 to '64 (in H-production) in the DC region SCCA surrounding areas
venues.    in pennsylvania it's more troubble to change a title mistake
than it's worth.    so i have no intentions to search out the volumes of
paperwork & 8 X 10 glossies and impliments of de-struction to amend my
title.   further more the AACA has my car registered as a certified
competition vehicle with a history.   that organisation assigns a year to
the vehicle according to the competition documentation presented for
certification.  my car with that organisation is referred to as a 1962 year
car now!   the only good clear picture i could find in it's race trim was
from marlboro where it won it's sprint race in 1962.
after all that it was determined by chassis plate number , number stamped
over the right hand foot well , & the two aluminum tags in both door jambs
it was definitly a 1959.

chuck.