I saw that 1960 Bugeye yesterday for $3500 if you want pics let

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: I saw that 1960 Bugeye yesterday for $3500 if you want pics let
From: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:20:21 -0400
I went to Philly to look at that 1960 Bugeye for $3500 yesterday (just to
procrastinate grading papers) it was original and ran like a top I didn't
buy it because though I am a pretty good welder I just don't do floors. He
screwed in sheet metal for the drivers side floor and a smaller patch for
the passengers side as well as cut out the rust on the lower rear fenders to
match the pieces he bought from a catalog. He also has a new rocker panel to
go with it and all the chrome parts in boxes which looked pretty healthy. We
took it for a spin and it sounded really nice, he installed all new break
lines, carbs sound good, tranny & engine sound strong too. It is currently
yellow with some grey primer on surface rust spots, has a new interior
including seat covers and lots of very cool working gauges in the dash. The
engine original 948 with a working genny & tach drive. It also has the
smooth case trans (after hearing 1st gear of a smooth case I now know why
people switch to ribbed). The factory paint is the very nice light green.

The owner is a guy named Rodney he is a missionary worker for a local church
his wife a nurse & he are moving to Louisiana to care for her ailing mom. He
was very nice and honest and owned old Austins but this is his first Bugeye.
He doesn't want to trailer it for the move. I went with my camera so if I
didn't want the car I could send him the pics so the trip wasn't in vain and
he gave me an extra set of side curtains with the clips that I needed which
was very kind of him. I told him I would pass the info of the car to all
those interested. He will probably post the pics on his craigs list site
today.

If you want pics let me know.
Linda
62 Sprite Pinky : )