Re: No LBC, Checking a relay

To: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Subject: Re: No LBC, Checking a relay
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 17:23:49 -0400
Wow, Lester, what a pessimist!

I had a similar issue on my Dodge Neon and bypassed the relay to make it
run.  In my case, it did, but the fix wasn't simple.  Turns out a
pressure switch near the compressor was faulty.  I had the dealer
replace it, and it works fine now.  But my advice is that simply
bypassing the relay does not necessarily tell you it's bad.  You can
remove the relay and energize it on the bench and see if it clicks, and
see if the contacts close with a meter or test light.

As far as old systems never working well, I converted my 1986 Mustang
over to the new refrigerant and had the dealer finalize that for me,
too.  Works great, I guess as long as you can find competent help.  I'm
fortunate that I did.