Re: Wise Words - No LBC

To: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Subject: Re: Wise Words - No LBC
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 23:58:40 -0400
rrengineer@dslextreme.com wrote:

> I appeal to the collective wisdom of the list.  I have been trying to
> clean the inside of my F-150 for a few hours now from the R-134a can
> explosion of yesterday.

Mike
Use lacquer thinner on the glass with a clean rag.
If that doesn't do it, use the thinners and 000 steel wool then windex.
For the seats, try paint thinner NOT lacquer thinner. Test a spot first
and see if any seat color transfers off. Lacquer thinner might take the
color out, paint thinner should not.
My truck gets pretty grimmy, paint thinner has taken silcone caulk off
the gray seats, grease spots, etc.
Once you get the oil clean, use a spray bomb seat/upholstry cleaner
(foamy type) to get the thinner smell out.
I have also taken a hose to the inside of my trucks a few times, just
don't squirt the radio, it takes about a week for the numbers to show up
again ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ