Re: Front spring verus shock

To: Biff Jones <biffjones@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Front spring verus shock
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 22:09:54 -0400
Biff Jones wrote:

> Has anyone ever had a front spring lose it tension?

Biff

I am having a similar problem with the Bugeye.
I have peterbuilts in it and 1" lower springs which are 5-6 years old I
think. I did hit a major pothole while up in Staten Island, in fact, I
thought I blew the shock because the drive home was a nightmare.
I did not blow the shock but I did snap off the sway bar link.
Nice NY roads huh?
I topped up the shock and replaced the link which helped a lot,
But I still have an annoying left front Not quite right situation where
the left dips noticably more (to me) than it used to or than the right
dips when I hit bridge expansion joints or concrete highway tar strips.
I am waiting for new shocks and will most likely redo the front end
bushings and check it out while it's apart.
Maybe I should order new springs too?
My problem stated the day of the BABE rally when I went to see you guys
off. I saw the major pothole at the last second on rt 440 at 60 mph.
It was too late to do anything and the car was still moving so I came by
to see you guys. It was the ride home where I knew I hurt something.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ