Speedo Check Via GPS

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedo Check Via GPS
From: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 19:12:31 -0500
A GPS is a cool way to check a speedometer. It's easier than finding a
measured mile. I recently swapped out the non-working speedo in my street Bug
with another one I de-munged w/ liquid penetrant and WD-40. Tonight I got a
GPS speed of about 55 MPH vs. a speedo indication of 60 MPH. Which is good
enough for me. Next step is to check the odometer and trip meter vs. the GPS.

Bud

Whitey - 1275 Street Bugeye
Redd - 948 Race Bugeye
SilverStreak - 1275 Race Sprite
"The Buddha... resides as comfortably in the gears of a...transmission as he
does in the petals of a flower"

- Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and  the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance