Re: Fuel Universal Sender

To: Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Universal Sender
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:37:50 -0500
Yer absolutely right about this!   I had to draw it out because the
brain had failed me. I'm a slow learner, but I do eventually get it...
  ;-)

Figure #1
rheostat.....    reading 240 ohms resistance  regardless of polarity

                         -----^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^--------------- (+)  -
                           <- | ->
 (-) +  ----------------------|

Figure #2
rheostat.....    reading 33 ohms resistance regardless of polarity

                         -----^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^--------------- (+)  -
                                                      <- | ->
                            (-) +  ----------------------|

Got it!!

Billy Zoom added:
"More resistance is full, less resistance is empty".

I figured one could find out easy enough with an Ohm meter. So the top
diagram would be for a full tank, the bottom for empty. That would
mean that the float lever would move the slide on the rheostat to the
figure one position. Seems backwards to me but I guess it really
doesn't matter much which way the float and rheostat is constructed.

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City