PCV with Weber DGV

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: PCV with Weber DGV
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 12:34:02 -0500
I took the radiator out today to take a second look at the rack mounts and
found that the PO had installed a PCV valve from the port on the oil
separator to the line running to the air filter on my carb.  On cars with
SU's it normally just attaches to the "Y" and then to the carb ports without
a PCV.  Is there some reason that the Weber DGV requires the use of the
valve in the line?  Yea, I am also changing the Chinese short by-pass hose
with some American hose.  BTDT and it is a pain to fix on the road!

Mark
Nashville
58' Bugeye
TR4A