Re: High mileage

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: High mileage
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:59:35 -0400
This is the Kawasaki KLR650 with the diesel motor developed by HDT for
the Marines.

The KLR650 is the Land Rover of the motorcycle world: cheap, simple, 1
cylinder, 1 carb, 3 sizes of wrench do the whole bike.  Has barely
changed since introduction in 1986.  Will cruise at 85 on the interstate
and with a change in sprockets, go most places a man can walk.

In fact, you can drop one on the unpaved Trans Labrador Highway at 65
mph, beat it a few times with a hammer, and ride it 2500 miles home.
(Don't ask me how I know...my knee still hurts!)

-JohnD

Speaking of fuel efficient vehicles, look at this diesel motorcycle.  It
is

supposed to get 105 MPG, but slow for a bike at 11 seconds from 0-60.
Or

fast for a Spridget, depending on how you look at it. ;-)

http://www.dieselmotorcycles.com/