PCV valves on 1275. To keep or not to keep.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: PCV valves on 1275. To keep or not to keep.
From: Mike Rivers <beatlemikey@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:27:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I just got my '61 Midget on the road today and drove
it for the first time with a freshly rebuilt 1275 (it
had a 948).  BIG difference.  However, I'm having
trouble with run-on (dieseling) after shutdown.  It
seems the PCV valve may be the culprit.  It draws alot
of air and the carb throttle screws are backed off all
the way.  The timing is per spec at 7 deg BTDC. If I
plug the PCV valve, the idle drops significantly, of
course.  Those of you that run 1275 with HS2 SU's, are
you running with PCV valves?  If not, I'll take the
sucker off and attach a breather filter to the hose.

I just cant get over how fast that little car is now.

Thanks,
Mike Rivers
1961 MG Midget 1275