Re: Nitrogen--a gentle reminder

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nitrogen--a gentle reminder
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:09:44 -0700
Whenever using a cylinder of ANY compressed gas/air, regardless of size,
always have it upright and chained securely to prevent it from falling
over.  Also, whenever not in use, the tank  must have the  protective
valve safety cap in place.

When I was an investigator for FEMA following the Whittier Narrows
earthquake, I denied a claim for damages caused when a tank of
compressed nitrogen fell over, breaking off the regulator.  The tank
took off like a rocket, going through two brick walls. While there were
no laws against stupidity, there were State and Federal laws against
unsecured compressed gas cylinders, whether you are in the middle of the
San Andreas Fault or the middle of North Dakota.

Buster Evans