Re: NLBC-- Chrome

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NLBC-- Chrome
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 12:31:04 -0700 (PDT)

From:    rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date:    Sun, October 1, 2006 12:29 pm
To:      "Dave Carpenter" <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Cc:      "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
         "Nory" <nory@buffnet.net>
         "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>

I got a quote from this place after this email was posted for my 100-4
grill.  They quoted $800 for the chrome surround piece and $500 for the
center slats.  I can get a repro for $700 bucks.  This place is way over
priced.  I got a quote for the same work at Cambridge Chrome (
http://www.custom-chrome.com/ ) for $500 for the whole job and these guys
were recommended by a professional restorer as knowing how to do the satin
chrome finish needed for the slats.  It did not sound like Paul's knew
what they were talking about.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2

Dave Carpenter
www.paulschrome.com
> They'll be at Carlisle and Hershey car shows the first two weekends of
Oct if you care to drop the parts off there or get an estimate.

> NFI, just a satisfied customer,
> Dave
>

> Frank Clarici wrote:
>> Nory wrote:
>>   Does
>>> anybody know a good place to get wheels chromed, that is within a
reasonable
>>> driving distance of Western New York?  Central New York, Northeastern
Ohio,