Bugeye Neg Earth Conversion Help

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Bugeye Neg Earth Conversion Help
From: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 08:56:55 -0500
I am converting my Bugeye to negative earth. I have a couple instructions on
how to do it, but I have a question. BTW - I have a new stock wiring harness
in the car.

There is a fat brown wire connected to the current negative battery terminal
wire (It shows in the Haynes schmatic). It goes to the control box (voltage
regulator) spade A, then to the fuse box (as a Brown/Green wire), then to the
horn. Does this brown wire stay on the same battery terminal wire (which now
becomes the positive battery terminal wire)? Or does it get switched to the
new negative terminal wire?

Also, does anyone have a schematic of the guts of the control box, or know
where I can find one? I'd love to know how the voltage regulator is wired and
what all the spade connections mean.

Thanks

Bud Pazur

'60 Bugeye - Street Car - 1275cc - 'Whitey'
Race Bugeye - 948cc - 'Redd'
Race Spridget - 1275cc - 'SilverStreak'

"The Buddha ... resides as comfortably in the gears of a ...transmission as
he does in the petals of a flower."
     - Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance