OE radio repair/resto

To: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: OE radio repair/resto
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 21:23:26 -0400
Taking a break, here, from not doing what I should be doing tonight
(reports), to ask a few questions.
I'm going to be driving to New Hampshire, the first weekend in November,
and I'm waffling between taking the 356 or the Midget.  I'm very
confident in both, but (don't tell my Porsche buddies) I feel that the
Midget is actually more reliable (that has been PROVEN to me in over 40
years of driving MGs and Porsches).  So, I'm thinking that I'll go ahead
and replace the shocks, put some new wire wheels (Dayton) on it, install
the hardtop (new seals are ordered), throw a few spares into the boot,
and GO.
And, yes, the 356 is much faster and way more comfortable, but.....you
need to know that I come from a long line of eccentrics.
I'd like to put one of my OE AM-FM radios in, just in case I want to
hear something besides the engine (not likely, but, you never know).
However, I've never had any of those radios working.  Is there anyone,
fairly close to Pittsburgh, who can be trusted to
repair/recondition/restore the original equipment radios, as fitted to
the 70s MGs?
Also, any suggestions for antennas, to avoid having to drill a hole in
one of my NOS front fenders?
Thanks.
Bud Osbourne