Re: Ebay question, no LBC

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Ebay question, no LBC
From: William McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 07:40:09 -0700
On Oct 13, 2006, at 6:50 AM, Peter C. wrote:

> Listerati Cognescenti,
>       I know many of you are well versed in the ways of eBay. Perhaps
> you can answer a question(s) for me.
>
>       What does it mean when someone asks me what my reserve price is on
> something? Should I answer? And how?
>
>       Or... should I have a reserve at all?
>
> Peter C.

My own feelings are that my reserve, if any, is far better being
unknown.  If I tell people what my reserve is, they have no impetus
to join the bidding game.  If I keep it unknown, they are more likely
to get caught up in the fever, as it were, to my advantage.  I try
not to use a reserve, because the cost is high, but for some things
it is either use a reserve or make the initial bid so high as to be
impractical.  I simply tell those who ask that I don't publish my
reserve.  Regards, Bill
ebay name - slightlyclassics