LEAKY SU CARBS Midget

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: LEAKY SU CARBS Midget
From: "Dale Gleason" <inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 21:25:13 -0500
I Have fresh gas all the time on the very bottom frontmost area of my
carb/engine heatshield. Not to mention the thick thick smell of gas amongst
the car.
--Work under the hood for a few minutes  guaranteed gasoline cologne.

I can touch the underside of the front float bowl on my SU carbs and bring
back fresh gas as well.

I have put a mirror underneath the bowl and it looks like the jet hose may
be cockeyed  ..so more than likely that is my main suspect. I have replaced
MOST of the rest of the fuel lines  So I dont suspect a split.

Has anybody else had any leaking carbs and if so  where did your originate
?

Thanks again.
And again.
Miles