Re: Bugeye & Healey

To: "caws52803@aol.com" <caws52803@aol.com>, spritenut@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye & Healey
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:37:41 -0400
ah-ha!  the misnomer of being wooden framed continues!  the morgan resides upon
a steel frame!   BUT!  the coachwork is literally nailed to an ash wooden
framework.   very similar to vintage fords and similar cars of the teens era.
 so the morgan has an ash body frame but is steel skinned .  the area the car
spent most of it's life & where it was stored has a lot to do with how rusty or
dry rotted the coach work is.   and "rusty" or "dry rotted" are two extremes
the spridget world are not familiar with.

chuck.