Re: Clunk

To: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Clunk
From: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:03:03 -0500
Put your pry bar between the frame member under the steering rack and push
against the crank pulley to move it as far back as you can. You might even see
it move while you do it. The tolerance is pretty small so if you do, you have a
problem. I think the max is .006 but check a manual to be sure. There was a
person on the list who did a thrust washer replacement with the engine in the
car. He wrote a step by step instructional piece but I don't think that I have
it . You might search the archives or put a call out to the list. If my memory
is any good it might have been Chris King???