Smoking 1275

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Smoking 1275
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 06:54:22 -0500
Ever since I put the 1275 back in the BE after the 5 speed conversion it's a
real smoker.  Until its warmed up it looks like a mosquito control truck.
Definitely oil smoke.

Also this time when I addded the engine oil it backed up in the rocker
cover.  It did find its way to the sump but I never experienced this before.
The garage was warm, I used 20/50.  I had the rocker cover off the engine
for a week or so while the engine was out.  Could I have a blocked hole that
caused this?

I'm just wondering if anyone has BTDT.  I plan to look at it today.  If
nothing is obvious then what? Pull the head?

Thanks everyone for all the help.  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving
Holiday.  The best part is yet to come.  My wifes day after turkey
sandwiches!

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa