Re: Comedy recording-LBC question

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Comedy recording-LBC question
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:24:05 -0800
>> I thought it originated in WW2 England (could have been earlier) the
>> "V" for Victory. I can see the sense, at least with that war where
>> victory would mean peace, so V for "peace" vs victory?

In the UK , It depends which way you do the 'V' sign...
If the palm of you hand is facing the other guy it means "Victory"
Winston Churchill made that sign very famous during WWII.

With the palm of your hand facing you, it is the same as "flipping the
bird"  I.O.W. quite rude and insulting..

Dave G.