Re: Exhaust Tailpipe Sniffer

To: "Dean Swanson" <d.swanson@earthlink.net>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: Exhaust Tailpipe Sniffer
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 06:14:08 -0600
Dean,
I think that your problem is that combustion does not stop when the fuel
coomes out of the cylinder. This is by design and the engineers work to
maximize this fact. By the time it gets to the end of the tailpipe, it IS
lean.

I have my sensor in the horizontal portion of the exhaust (under the
accelerator foot) because I did not want my nice new header hacked into.
Same issue there. If I crank the carb mixture to the point that it thinks
the mixture is correct, it is so rich it will barely run.
David Lieb