Carbs seemingly ok now.

To: "spridgets net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carbs seemingly ok now.
From: "Jack Laird" <jlaird237@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 19:53:03 -0600
I installed a fuel pressure regulator set it at 1 lb for now.

I replaced the top jet chamber washers, copper, with soft alum ones. They were
a bit thicker than the copper ones as well.

I no longer have any leaks, seemingly.

Oh yea, one of those little round clips on the choke linkage finaly self
destructed, replaced it with a home made O ring made from a smallish peice cut
from a very small rubber hose, shrug, not a critical item in any case, we will
see.

Tomorrow morning as soon as it warms up a bit we are going to have the big
test. Does it idle correctly? Does it leak when running? Surely would like to
put all this carb nonsence behind me. I got seat bottems and a bonnet to
install.