Re: [midgetsprite] Vern Olson

To: b-evans@earthlink.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Vern Olson
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:29:56 -0800
Buster,

I know it was a typo ---- You meant 'Merlin' not 'Merline'  :-)

I spent 3 yrs on 240 Sqdn, RAF with 12 Shackleton MkII's, each having 4
of these engines and each engine driving 2 counter-rotating props - I
have never seen one of them blow till I saw that photo..... Just shows
me how hard the Reno folks push the envelope!!!

Somewhere around I do have a piston with an intake valve half buried in
it!   It came off my long lost, much lamented Solo II Sprite! The noise
that made when it happened was quite loud.

Dave KK7SS